Samih Al Qasim - "I'm sorry"


Samih Al Qasim - "I'm sorry" poem






Samih Al Qasim  (1939 - August 19, 2014) was a Palestinian Druze poet whose Arabic poetry is well known throughout the Arab World. His poetry is influenced by two primary periods of his life: Before and after the Six-Day War. He joined the Communist Hadash political party in 1967. Al-Qasim has published several volumes and collections of poetry.

 Some of his famous poems include:
  • Slit Lips
  • Sons of War
  • Confession at Midday
  • Travel Tickets
  • Bats
  • Abandoning
  • The Story of a City
  • Conversation between Ear of Corn and Jerusalem Rose Thorn
  • How I became an Article
  • Story of the Unknown Man
  • End of a Discussion with a Jailer
  • The Will of a Man Dying in Exile
  • The Boring Orbit
  • The Clock on the Wall

Al-Qasim died on August 19, 2014, after a long battle with cancer. His funeral was held on, August 21, 2014, in Rameh.

“I don’t like you, death” — Samih al-Qasim’s final poem
 

Comments

  1. I am writing a term paper on this topic and came across your post which was very helpful. Do you know where I can find more information about this?
    airline booking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi